Friday, February 27, 2009

Cora Journal Entry

Dear Jesus,
I once thought Addie shared my love for you. However, I learned her cares are elsewhere. She told me that brat of hers, Jewel is her “cross”. How dare she say such a devilish thing? No wonder their children are so misbehaved. And that husband of hers! I see You are cursing them and I thank You. I can now live without feeling in her shadow. I always knew that I was Your favorite. Now I can bake my amazing pies in peace with no doubt that I am Your greatest companion. I mean I tried telling her that You are the only thing that matters and it is the Lord’s part to judge, but she wouldn’t listen. She went on how it’s her place to judge her sin. Was she so blind that she couldn’t see what’s right for her? If she had been aware, she could have just looked at me. I have opened my heart to you and you have seen my commitment to you and have rewarded me. I don’t understand these feelings I feel. I mean, I thought I would be glad that that woman is gone. She didn’t have the dedication to You as she should have, as I do. However, she was my only friend. We had so many differences and yet, we spent time together. I realize we didn’t like each other, but for some reason, I miss her company. Please explain this to me Lord. Is this Your way of telling me to forgive her? Should I remember in the good light and forgive her as You would? I prayed for that poor blind woman as I had never prayed for me and mine.

Cora

No comments: